header picture
A Parent's Rant
Dec 11, 2008

Ok, is  it just me and I growing to be that uptight woman that I never thought I would be? (Please don't answer that :) I was shocked when I took Kai to a nearby park today. The language, behavior and overall vibe was sketchy. It is a kids park, with lots of play equipment and things that should be boring to most older kids. But today, it was infested with kids that were bad influences, with gross mouths and even a few smoking pot. I was pretty surprised and disappointed. I just couldn't believe what Kai was being exposed too.  So I took him home and locked him back up. He might not leave the house again until he's 30. Ok, strike that, I would go crazy before then. We don't let him watch much TV because of what he would be exposed too, and now I can't take him to a park?

Is there anywhere that is safe for a kid in this culture? Somewhere wholesome? Is that too Laura Ingle and Little House on the Prairie? How am I suppose to protect his innocence and still provide him with a childhood? Of course, I am going to respond by being over baring. He's my precious little baby, I don't want to expose him to the truth of this world just yet. I want him to see the world as a magical place full of possibilities.  I am ready to move to a farm in Iowa, somewhere far away from the city. You are probably thinking that the grass is greener on the other side, your probably right, but today please let me indulge myself on that dream.





 



This site is Better in Pink!