header picture
Thankfulness is the reason for the Season.
Nov 16, 2008

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I have SO much to be thankful for this year. So very much! While people are battling fires locally, I am reminded of just how fragile life is and how it can all change lighting fast. Tonight I did a family shoot down at the beach and the sunset was stunning because of all the smoke in the sky but I know that it comes at a price. I am just left speechless at all the abundance I have in my life. I am so blessed to have an abundance of love, laughter and friendship. And a family that brings me to tears of gratitude.  My prayers are with all the people facing the fires and I have hope that there will be a silver lining for them in these smoke filled clouds.

A few weeks ago I did a shot for a precious family. That was before my brand new, fresh out of the box, Mac crashed. That is why it has taken a little bit of time to post these pictures. Tech support now knows me by name and when I walk in the Apple store it is like Norm walking into Cheers. They know my name alright but it might not be a good thing. My replacement computer will be here in a few days, but till then I am hoping the one that I am on doesn't have a "kernel panic", that is Mac talk for CRASH! I am so gr8phul that I have back-ups of my back-ups of my back-ups. You can never be to careful.

Anyway-- I got to spend a fun afternoon with Timmy and his parents. Timmy is one of Kai's good friends, so taking pictures of him was near and dear to my heart. Timmy is a trip. He talks up a storm and all in the sweetest little voice imaginable. He is only 2 and he can really talk, he had me cracking up. We started the day at a local park and then finished up near the Manhattan beach pier. 


Photobucket

I met Mary Elise while we were doing MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) together last year. We have traveled in the same circles for a while but God has brought us together in a special way in the last few months. She is a talented card maker and owner of KungFuKitty Cards. She makes beautiful cards. I have one hanging in my house because I can't bare to part with it.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Timmy and Kai have a LOVE of boarding. Timmy really has some good moves. I think he has learned from his Dad. Bill is an avid surfer and "boarder".

Photobucket

And boys climb trees. Boys really are fun! :) I like to climb a good tree from time to time.

Photobucket


I am so thankful to get to spend such fun quality time with such special families. Each encounter encourages me as a parent and makes me want to grow as a friend. Family is such a
Gift! I never knew how big a space in my heart I was saving for my family, but now I am reminded daily of how much I have to be Thankful for! Happy almost Thanksgiving!

 



This site is Better in Pink!