header picture
I have a problem
Dec 3, 2008

If the first step is admitting it then I am here to do that. I have a problem. Not just I have been working through numerous issues with my new MacBook Pro. Not just dealing with kernel panics, erase and installs and being on tech support all hours of the day. My problem is I am a computer addict. Today I had to leave my Mac at the store and it became increasingly obvious I have a problem.
At first I thought I would just get other things done during Kai's nap time. But after cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, doing the dishes, making phone calls and tidding up the house. That's when I couldn't fight the temptation any longer. So I broke down and pulled out my old dinosaur of a laptop and here I sit now. Like a junkie in the corner getting a fix. At first it wouldn't power up and that made me wild inside but then I realized that the battery needed to be charged. Then it wouldn't power up because I had used a bad outlet, but before I realized that I was starting to freak out. I didn't say I was a smart junkie. Just a junkie.
Is this an issue for anybody else? Has the information super highway started to leave you strung out? The hyper connectedness, the IM'ing and video messaging made us crave more connection than we realize.
I have no solutions to this problem yet. I just know I have a problem and I am going to try to be a bit more disciplined about it. After I check my e-mail...
 



This site is Better in Pink!