header picture
Today marks a Year
May 7, 2008


Today gives me so many more reasons to be gr8phul, but also to be sad. Today is the 1st Anniversary of Alese Coco's passing. She fought a long and hard battle with Hodgkin's disease. Alese used her life in such a powerful way, that a year after her death, she is still able to motivate, encourage and inspire. She and her family have touched people in such a deep way, that you feel the touch of God through them I really mean that). They have started the Fight 2 Win Organization, to help raise money and awareness for Hodgkin's Lymphoma, also known as Hodgkin's disease. They have worked so hard to put this organization together and I have never heard them complain about it. Here is the website, www.fight2win.org/private.

Cathy Coco is one of the most remarkable women that I have known in my lifetime. When I first met her I knew that she had just lost her daughter and my heart ached for her, for her family, and for their loss. I have loved and lost someone, but I can't imagine loosing a child. Everytime that I have had the priviledge to talk with Cathy, I walk away so encouraged and lifted up. Cathy and her family are so gr8phul, even in the face of such a huge loss. Gr8phul! They exude gr8phulness and that amazes me. Not fakey grattitude, but deep and sincere grattitude. That is a hard choice for a heart to make when hurting so bad.

If you have a moment today, please pray for them. Pray for the Fight 2 Win organization and God's plan and purpose through it all. Also, please treat yourself to Alese's Blog/Journal. She fought her battle bravely and with intense faith, and honesty, I for one, am humbled by her amazing spirit and I have such hope that God's purpose will be fullfilled.


 



This site is Better in Pink!