header picture
Everything is about to Change
Oct 22, 2009


It is really starting to hit me, that we are about to meet our new little man and be the parents to two boys. Well, I guess I should say that it is really starting to kick me, push me and contract me. These past few days and weeks have brought back memories from 3 years ago. The waddle, the trying to get comfortable in my own skin, waking up again and again in the middle of the night. The final stages of pregnancy are definitely challenging but I know that it is nothing compared to what I have ahead of me.

Kai and I have been having fun trying to imagine what the little man will look like. Kai wants to know about his feet and eyes and his questions about them are pretty priceless. But the truth of the matter is that as excited as I am to meet the little man, I am down right weepy about thinking about my first born baby being ousted into big brotherhood. I am the baby of my family so I don't know what it is like to have an younger sibling but my heart hurts for him. The fact that these are my last days with Kai as my only little guy is not lost on me. I just want to snuggle and cuddle him up and that is what I am doing. Our days have been filled with Play-doh, sidewalk chalk, lots of pretend games and so many kisses and snuggles (but somehow I never get enough).

I am so gr8phul to God that last week at church our Transparents group talked about learning how to live the moment and live IN the moment. I realized that I have been guilty of the thinking that "once I wasn't pregnant then I would _________." But the truth is this day is the only day like this one and I need to live it out for all it's goodness. I soooo needed that lesson, but God knew that ;)

My Mom will be here on Saturday from North Carolina and she will be staying all the way through the birth and bringing the new little man home. I am SOOOO gr8phul to have her coming. I can admit that I have been wanting my Mommy :) and the fact that she is going to be here through such special times really does get me excited! Plus, I NEED the help :)

 



This site is Better in Pink!