header picture
A long road to truth
Jul 28, 2008

OK, so this is going to be the longest post e-v-e-r! I apologize in advance. It is hard to unjumble all of the memories, thoughts and emotions but I feel like I have to try. We got back from Canada a little while ago and I have been meaning to post these pictures ever since, but life got in the way. The reason I want to share these is because these pictures are burned into my heart. We had an AWESOME trip! We were able to slow down, relax, and spend some heart changing time with spirit filled friends, and on top of that-we had a few good adventures.

Photobucket

Kai was pretty excited about this situation. He has a construction equipment addiction. You think I am kidding, but I am not. He can't get enough of diggers, dump trucks, excavators and any other big metal construction machinery. I am amazed by how he remembers all the names and I am getting better ;) This is a dear sweet man named Kelly, and he is an awesome example of a man. His heart ROCKS! He was the brides father and a kind friend.

Photobucket

When we first arrived on the scene Kelly took Kai for a Bobcat ride. One that he still talks about, it was a BIG deal in Kai's world .

Photobucket

These are the newly weds from last summer, they are just shy of their 1st Anniversary. These 2 rock my socks off. 1st off they are so cute together and they are also super fun to be around! They are definitely a blessing to have in your corner. I have had Amie in my spiritual corner now for a few years and she has spoken so much love, truth and joy into my life. God's PEACE and GLORY is all around them!

Photobucket

I love having a P&S camera, I think the Canon Elph's ROCK! A few of these pictures are from it.

Photobucket

Everyone up there was willing to make an investment into us. Regardless of how long we were going to be in town. There was such a sense of family and support up there. It made it easier to be more vulnerable, to dig even deeper and laugh even louder. The cute blonde is Heather P, she is a fire cracker. She can make me laugh to tears. She is SO fun!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Ok-so there needs to be a explaination of why my son was sleeping in the box. This is his make shift crib and playpen while on vacation. Hahaha It was pretty funny how much he liked it. Speaking of boxes, Kai was having a blast playing in boxes, bins and closets. He is literally testing his boundaries as much as he is testing mine :)

Photobucket

We took him for a hike. It was so nice to be out in nature and experience some wide open spaces. I needed it, we needed it. That is Trav's hat by the way...it killed me to see it on Kai. Too Cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trav is an incredible cook when he is in the kitchen...get excited! No wonder I am constantly battling weight, my husband can COOK!
But these pictures go to show how content Kai is with a peanut butter sandwich. I just get a kick out of how much joy he got out of it.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

We also took Kai camping. Or maybe I should say that he took us. Trav got this one of me in the morning, I think I was extra specially gr8phul after a night of sleep.

Photobucket

Wildflowers and bouldering. What a perfect compromise between my husband and I :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Like Father like Son!

Photobucket


We had such a good time it is hard to believe it wasn't a dream. It really was wonderful and I am hoping that another Canadian bride will bring us back for round 3. Let me know if you are interested :)

Photobucket

We'll be there with bells on and Big Teddy and Mr. Green in hand:)
 



This site is Better in Pink!