header picture
What a Wild Ride
Feb 27, 2008

I saw a Beth Moore video today and she said something that really spoke to me. Actually she said about 50 things, but I am only going to touch on one. She said that she went to a grave yard and was struck when she read a tomb stone that said "Betty did all that she could do". Beth went on to say that what struck her was how if we live in the presence of the Holy Spirit, at the end of this life our tomb stones might read, "Kat did way more than was physically possible, she clearly relied on God" . That is such a HUGE reminder to me. HUGE HUGE HUGE!!! I know that I won't get all that I am trying to do, done on my own, but if I cling desperately to God, he will get done what he wants done. Woo Hoo I needed to hear that.

I have been pretty stressed out lately. Trying to get it all done. After being sick for 2 months, and trying to juggle family life, with motherhood, with friends, with commitments, with a budding Photography business and do it all to a standard that I can be proud of.... well, quite honestly, the stress has been getting to me.

Life's journey is NOT to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "HOLY CRAP...WHAT A RIDE!!"

I read that a couple of years ago and today I couldn't help but think of it. I realize that me taking on the stress of trying to do it all is TOXIC . But if I cling to God and ask him to give me the strength to get done what he wants done, there will be peace. And that peace is what I am seeking. I am clinging to my anchor, because if I don't that all that the world has to throw at me will blow me away. But when my anchor is the presence of God, then nothing can shake me.

All the while I have still been working on Sarah and Tyler's wedding pictures and here are a few more favorites. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S--God knew what He was doing when he brought Trav into my life. Trav can look at a storm and WANT to ride it out. He actually enjoys navigating the craziness, and I am so gr8phul that he is in my life, as my partner, to make this wild ride so much Fun!
 



This site is Better in Pink!