header picture
A little Changeling
Feb 25, 2009

I had kind of a bad (challenging) day and my sweet husband tried to make it better. He surprised me by ordering from my favorite Thai restaurant. I was so excited! I like the food but I like my husband being cute and romantic even more. We put Kai down early, after a NO nap day, and the food arrived. We piled our bowls full and just as we went to sit down, my bowl slipped out of my hands and shattered to the floor. It was a sad and spicy site. My Pad See-U (I can't spell the names correctly) was ALL over the floor :( Bummer! And I was determined to eat it anyways-until I found a chard of ceremics in it. That was the end of that.

So in my grumpy state I decided to go retreat to our room and trying to recuperate. So I watched a movie, Changeling and was blown away. Midway through Kai woke up to his teething pain and I rushed in there to get my hands on my son. That movie was very disturbing. I am still considering sleeping on Kai's floor tonight. That movie really got to me and I can't believe that it is a true story. It was excellent but disturbing.


So just as a question. Do you ladies ever feel disrespected for being a woman, or "just" a stay at home Mom (my blood boils on that one) or do people think you are incapable of thought? I have had a few challenging days in this department and after watching this movie, I want to brainstorm for some healthy ways to make a change. Classy ways you have handled moments that made you want to scream or cry.

On an unrelated topic, I downloadeed the new Safari 4 and so far I am impressed. I think the new features will help to be faster and more productive. I like the top 10 feature, I suspect I will use that a lot :)

Labels:

 



This site is Better in Pink!